Monday, March 1, 2010

Elder Edgels 1st letter home

Dear family,
> I am eating. I am feasting on the words of Christ and his servants. I am not nearly the same person as I left. Jared was right. I don't do what I want to do. It doesn't matter what Jordan wants to do. It doesn't matter where he wants to go, what he wants to do or what he wants to say. I am here for the Lord. Everything I do and think is for my Lord and my Savior. I walk for the Lord, I learn for the Lord I serve my companion, district and others for the Lord and I climb the 3 flights of stairs to class for my Lord. He walks with us. He bears us up and he gives us strength. By us I mean us missionaries and us as his children. As we walk we walk with his hosts of Angels. Even here in the MTC we can feel his love for us and can feel those around us to bear us up. We feel your prayers and we are strengthened by your strength. Thank you for your prayers and support I can fell your prayers with me.
>
> I love my companion, thank goodness. He's a great farm boy from Hooper, UT. He has a very different background from me and is a great worker, so naturally we get along. He struggles with Spanish so I get to help him. I'm recieving Spanish really well. I know the most Spanish in my calss by far but I will surely be passed up as the weeks go by. The Lord constantly humbles me daily and reminds me I need him in all that I do. I'm thankful for his constant reminder.
>
> I'm staying healthy. Tell sister Ellsworth I refuse to gain an weight while here in the MTC or while on the mission. I eat a salad every meal and don't partake in any unhealthy food. No doughnuts, no ice cream, no sweets, and no soda. I work out everyday except sunday.40 pull ups, 80 push ups and counting. One of my room mates is a self proclaimed nerd and loves running as well. We have the same shoe and get to run together everyday. My companion doesn't like to run so (with the approval of our district leader) we go on splits during gym and go running outside. When the weather gets too cold we can't go outside anymore which is really gonna suck. I love the cool weather here in Utah. It makes running so much better. It snowed today. My companion said it wasn't snow but if you ask a poor desert rat from Vegas it was snow. It didn't stay on the ground but it floated, it was snow.
>
> When we first got here we of course went through the "new guy hazing" phase and were welcomed in with open arms. The zone leaders were great missionaries. Elder Grimm and Dubois, please don't let me forget about them. I took Jacob's advice and gave out candy to all those who helped me and they got plenty of candy from me. Here in the MTC the chairs are brutal. We sit for about 12 hours a day in stiff hard plastic chairs and our rear ends take a beating as you've all heard. There are precious few seat cushions here in the MTC and they aren't treated lightly. Each seat cushion is passed down from missionary to missionary. As one elder leaves the MTC he gives his seat cushion to another mission whom he thinks deserves it. Elder Dubois was given one of these seat cushions. there are only 2 per Zone (about 50 missionarires) and he gave his to me. After only knowing me about 4 days we got along really well. I found out he was from Denver and so we talked about Denver a lot. Sorry mom I'm definitely moving there when I get home. I was very grateful when I got the cuhsion and it hasn't been taken lightly. The other seat cushion was given to my companion. We make a great team. I know both of us will do well out in the world doing the Lord's work. I'm anxious and excited. We both are. I bore my testimony on Sunday. It was a great experience.
>
> I am fed daily. I am always hungry. My teachers and other missionaries are full of truth and gospel. They feed us always. I recieved answers to many prayers
>
> Mom thank you for your wisdom
> Fake it till you make it
> Use your gate brain
> Pray always
> Rely on the Lord
>
> Janea and Jayden listen to her!!!! I only have 2 more minutes.
> I love you all. God bless I'm loving my time here. Do not miss me I'm doing the Lord's work.
> love you all
> Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment